Update on Norway trip likelihood

I am still waiting on a few things to come through before I’ll be able to 100% firm up Norway trip plans. The longer I have to wait, though, the more expensive plane tickets will be. I don’t think there will be a large difference between prices now and prices in April, though. I hope not :/ My current estimate for 6 plane tickets during peak travel season to and from Scandinavia is hovering around 3G.

If I can’t go as planned, it will be a severe bummer but I can always go another time?
I feel like people say that and then they never get around to actually going.

I mentioned in the FAQs that my company offers what is called “permissive leave” – unlimited paid vacation, within reason, as long as it’s approved by your manager. Now that I am being forced to find another job, I am trying as hard as I can to stay within the company for this benefit and for several other reasons. But there is a small chance I will have to take on a new role outside of my current company, as much as I would rather not. If that happens, then Norway almost definitely is NOT happening this year.

I will know more in a couple of weeks. One way or another, this situation will be resolved by the end of March.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: